Those who know me know that i am not easily spooked, but last friday i witness 2 incidents that scared the absolute crap out of me. during those moments of shock, my logical reasoning failed me and i started believing in the supernatural. the psychological memory of it still haunts me even now. It is hard to tok about it. But after thinking about it many times, my faith in science and logic has strengthened. It is fear and unfamiliarity that breeds superstitions like ghosts, spirits, demonic possessions. Everything has a logical explanation to it.
There is no such thing as ghosts, only the fear of what we do not understand.
"There is no such thing as ghosts, only the fear of what we do not understand."
ReplyDeleteI like that & I totally agree. I can only say that I'm still afraid of the supernatural because I'm one big scaredy cat. I'm afraid of things that I don't understand and I'm afraid that not believing brings trouble too.
One Chinese saying.. Rather believe that there is than there isn't.
Whoa.. tell me the story next time!!!
ReplyDelete@emily: Yea but imagine u see smt very scary, then u start thinking about supernatural stuff, then after that u realize that actually it has a scientific/medical explanation. i dunno bout u but it made me understand why some ppl attribute things they do not understand to ghosts, gods and stuff. It is really an experience for a "half atheist" like me to actually believe in demons for a while.
ReplyDelete@wenhui: haha but you may not believe me when i tell u lol
if u ever find urself in such a situation again, juz think of cockroaches. nothing gets worse than cockroaches. then u're good to go :D
ReplyDeletelol suddenly i am reminded of the time u said it sounded like some1 was walking arnd in the LDS at night when it was actually my pillow hahahaha
ReplyDelete